TOPIC: Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 20:12 #76164

• Mr. Lex Luthor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
divadnosaj wrote:

sa totoo lang, sa settings kong 120kbps (15kBps) nababagalan pa ko eh.. ehehe!

thats because sir wala sa 8bit format ang pag set nyo per pc,even na gumamit ka ng QOS,d pa rin tanggap ang ganyang value or kahit time 2 mo pa lets say na set mo per pc is 240kbps,same pa rin yung speed na tatanggapin mo,you have to abide the rule of bits and bytes because sa row nya walang 120kbps,128kbps siguro meron pa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 20:48 #76173

• xicowner's Avatar Topic Author
  • xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Yes, I remember we were using 128kbps bandwidth limit in our lanshop. My son who set it never explained to me why he used that value. Even just for that, I go with kosang Lex's advice. Let's use the 8-bit format. After all, the ISPs use the same nomenclature, 64, 128, 384, 256, 512, etc.

Let me explain further that we were using 128kbps limit on some 40 units being fed by Globe's 1.5Mbps Plan. So it's not simply dividing your connection speed by your number of units. By the way, our lanshop then was purely Internet only (non-gaming shop) and nobody complained about slow connection.<br><br>Post edited by: xicowner, at: 2008/02/20 00:00

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 21:41 #76181

• zero_degrees
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
in your expert theory, if lets say you are using smartbro as ISP, how many computers can a single connection can handle, if lets say you are having an average of 256kbps connection the whole day?

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 23:38 #76197

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

zero_degrees wrote:

in your expert theory, if lets say you are using smartbro as ISP, how many computers can a single connection can handle, if lets say you are having an average of 256kbps connection the whole day?

Cybertronix wrote:
smartbro with 12 units. except from the verified ISP interruptions, service lags, it's doing OK. no complaints from the tomers.

sometimes there's bound to be a glitch, that's normal to any ISP.

Assuming that, on the average, kosang Cybertronix is getting the promised 384kbps of Smart BRO; then, the estimated bandwidth allocation for his kind of allocation is 384/12 = 32kbps. Applying this value to your Smart BRO connection, your 256kbps should be able to serve 8 units.

This is not an expert's opinion nor is it based on an established theory. We are just using our kakosas' feedbacks and experience on the subject matter.<br><br>Post edited by: xicowner, at: 2008/02/20 03:23

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 20 Feb 2008 07:44 #76243

• Rage
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Staff Emeritus
xicowner wrote:

Rage wrote:

ako naka bandwidth limiter ako, ang allocated ko sa bawat pc ko ay 40kbps downstream at 30kbps upstream. 2.2mbps PLDT plan ko.

Salamat sa reply mo kosang Rage. Linawin ko lang na pag gamitin natin yung download limit na 40Kbps as bandwidth requirement per PC at assuming na 2.2Mbps talaga ang download speed ng connection, theoretically, ang maging maximum number ng PC na pwede sa PLDT Plan mo ay 55 units (2,200/40=55).

Of course, we should understand that a 2.2Mbps PLDT Plan cannot be taken at face value. Based on your experience, how many units do you recommend to be connected on this kind of connection?

bale 30 units pala naka connect sakin. kasi yung friend ko na may shop malapit sakin, hati kami. sa tingin ko, tamang tama lang sa 30 units yung 2.2Mbpc. nakaka noond pa ko ng youtube without buffering. (tagal ko reply, hehehe!)

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 20 Feb 2008 19:08 #76262

• zero_degrees
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Assuming that, on the average, kosang Cybertronix is getting the promised 384kbps of Smart BRO; then, the estimated bandwidth allocation for his kind of allocation is 384/12 = 32kbps. Applying this value to your Smart BRO connection, your 256kbps should be able to serve 8 units.

This is not an expert's opinion nor is it based on an established theory. We are just using our kakosas' feedbacks and experience on the subject matter.

8 units is I guess is a safe zone, you can use the net comfortably with this kind of speed.. what if we use a load balancing router so that we could add up more clients? will it improve the connection dramatically? if we use a two smartbro as an example? I guess I'll have to ask also those who are using this kind of hardware and this kind of ISP..

to summarize:

* 2.2mbps connection for 30 clients is applicable..

* assuming a 256kbps smartbro average connection is suitable for 8 clients..

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 21 Feb 2008 06:09 #76361

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
zero_degrees wrote:

8 units is I guess is a safe zone, you can use the net comfortably with this kind of speed.. what if we use a load balancing router so that we could add up more clients? will it improve the connection dramatically? if we use a two smartbro as an example? I guess I'll have to ask also those who are using this kind of hardware and this kind of ISP..

to summarize:

* 2.2mbps connection for 30 clients is applicable..

* assuming a 256kbps smartbro average connection is suitable for 8 clients..

Idagdag ko lang yung nabanggit ko na we ran 40 non-gaming PC units on a 1.5Mbps Plan without any problem.

I suggest that from here let us request our kakosas to post their experience on the subject pero sana yung nasa marginal value yung bandwidth to units ratio. Huwag naman yung overkill ang ratio, baka ma-mislead ang iba sa atin.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 21 Feb 2008 08:00 #76366

• starbitz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
In my experience, you need to separate your connection to those with gaming pc and surfing/downloading only. Yung PLDT connection ko, kahit 768kbps lang, kung lahat online games walang lag (35 units). Pero kung may mag youtube or video streaming, mag lalag ang games at babagal ang streaming. Yung Globe broadband ko naman, which is 1.6Mbps, hindi bumabagal ang video streaming kahit sabay ang 35 units pero naglalag sa games kahit walang nag streaming.

Eto po ang suggestion ko (may only be applicalbe in our area):
Kung puro onlines games = use PLDT (768kbps for 35 units)
Kung surfing with video streaming and or downloading = use Globe.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 21 Feb 2008 11:06 #76394

• Bads
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
@xicowner I'm using 3 smart bro connection for 16 pcs including the server. I left no choice since sa area namin smart bro lang talaga ang available.

Regarding sa setup, ang router na gamit ko ay IGlobe igw141 bali 4 wan + 1 LAN connected into 24ports na HUB.

5pc in every 1 smartbro, naka limit cya sa 76.8 up & downstream.
So far so good naman, napansin ko naglalag na cya sa run online if 8pc in 1 smart bro. kaya 3sb nalang ang ginamit ko for 16pc..

Just try it if smart bro user karin..

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 21 Feb 2008 18:28 #76410

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you kosang Bads at starbitz. Your feedbacks are very useful. Keep them coming.<br><br>Post edited by: xicowner, at: 2008/02/21 21:28

Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds