TOPIC: Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 18 Feb 2008 23:04 #76066

• xicowner's Avatar Topic Author
  • xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Mr. Lex Luthor wrote:

on my opinion,yung mga games at application ngayon must need more bandwidth compare to applications,sites,and games that are usually used way back 3 years ago,sa ngayon mas marami nang online games, may youtube na and other streaming sites like imeem,soundflavor,etc...,

i would say and recommend that 1 mbps is good enough for 10 workstations,its better to be over than to give them less.

Again, linawin ko lang na itong recommendation ni kosang Lex ay babagsak sa 100kbps dahil 1Mbps = 1,000kbps/10units = 100kbps/unit.

Thank you, kosang Lex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 18 Feb 2008 23:07 #76067

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
zero_degrees wrote:

is that kind of bandwidth use only for internet surfing(YM, internet explorer, mozilla)? or internet connection speed per computer? (online games + surfing combine)? if its in KB not kbps, 15KBps is fairly enough.. if you have lets say smartbro as for your ISP..

Ang bandwidth requirement na pinag-uusapan natin ay yung para sa lahat ng kailangan ng isang PC upang masiyahan ang mga customers ng isang lanshop. Pwede ring banggitin ng magre-reply kung internet lang o internet plus gaming ang business model ng kanilang lanshop.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 00:11 #76071

• Bien
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
divadnosaj wrote:

mga bossing, let's not forget that KB is different from Kb..

sa ngayon i would think 30 kbps is good enough for 1 pc. syempre

30kbps is slower than dial-up w/c is at 56kbps, kung icoconvert natin yan in terms of KBps, that would be 3.75KBps only.. bagal nyan bossing.. wakekeke :D

ako naka bandwith limiter ako, ang allocated ko sa bawat pc ko ay 40kbps downstream at 30kbps upstream

i'm thinking maybe this isn't Kbps, it's KBps.. masyado kasi mabagal yung 40kbps, mas mabagal pa din sa dial-up yan..

ako personally, i limit my pc's to 15KBps only, that would be a 120 in terms of kbps.. i'm using 2 lines, digitel w/ 1mbps and a smartbro w/ 384kbps.. combining those speed w/ a dual wan router, i can theoretically say that i have a 1408kbps total speed..

1408kbps/120kbps per pc = 11.73 pc ^_^<br><br>Post edited by: divadnosaj, at: 2008/02/19 00:18

kung sabagay, logically, take what bandwidth you have, then divide that by the number of pc, yun ang magiging limit mo.

i don't use any limiter. kaya naman ng bandwidth ko kahit sabay sabay pa sila lahat mag streaming. wag lang limewire. that's where i have to set the limits of downloading files at any one time (two files per pc).

kung may program lang sana to limit opening one youtube per pc, wala na sana problema sa mga pasaway.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 00:25 #76073

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Bien wrote:

kung sabagay, logically, take what bandwidth you have, then divide that by the number of pc, yun ang magiging limit mo.

Sa mga may operating lanshops na, pwede talagang gawin ito. Nais ko lang banggitin na ang main reason sa pag-discuss natin nitong subject ay para ma-establish ang bandwidth requirement per PC upang matulungan yung mga nagbabalak pa lang mag-apply sa mga ISP at gayun na rin sa mga nagda-doubt kung tama ba ang Internet feed ng lanshop niya.<br><br>Post edited by: xicowner, at: 2008/02/19 03:26

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 00:26 #76074

• Mr. Lex Luthor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
xicowner wrote:

Mr. Lex Luthor wrote:

on my opinion,yung mga games at application ngayon must need more bandwidth compare to applications,sites,and games that are usually used way back 3 years ago,sa ngayon mas marami nang online games, may youtube na and other streaming sites like imeem,soundflavor,etc...,

i would say and recommend that 1 mbps is good enough for 10 workstations,its better to be over than to give them less.

Again, linawin ko lang na itong recommendation ni kosang Lex ay babagsak sa 100kbps dahil 1Mbps = 1,000kbps/10units = 100kbps/unit.

Thank you, kosang Lex.

this is a good survey,but for me it should be 102.4kbps per pc where 1mbps = 1024kbps, or 1GB = 1024Mbps, im still on 8bit format ^^, while this calculation is for 10 pc and we dont have a promise that we can reach the 1mbps connection,merong oras or araw na mabagal,laging DC.anyway its a survey,good thread sir xicowner<br><br>Post edited by: Mr. Lex Luthor, at: 2008/02/19 03:28

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 00:28 #76075

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Mr. Lex Luthor wrote:

xicowner wrote:

Mr. Lex Luthor wrote:

Thank you, kosang Lex.

this is a good survey,but for me it should be 102.4kbps per pc where 1mbps = 1024kbps, or 1GB = 1024Mbps, im still on 8bit format ^^, while this calculation is for 10 pc and we dont have a promise that we can reach the 1mbps connection,merong oras or araw na mabagal,laging DC.anyway its a survey,good thread sir xicowner

Maliit lang ang difference (2.4kbps) pero I stand corrected. Thanks kosang Lex.<br><br>Post edited by: xicowner, at: 2008/02/19 04:37

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 02:06 #76085

• divadnosaj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, we know that 1 kiloByte/second (kBps) = 8 kilobits/second (kbps) and in order to avoid confusion in our discussions, I suggest that we use kbps and let me add that 1,000kbps = 1Mbps. As such, it would be easier for all of us to understand which Plan or ISP service to use because they are also expressed in kbps (384, 512 and 768) and Mbps (1.0, 1.5, 2.2 and 3.0).

so you are aware sir that those values posted above namely 30kbps and 40kbps are literally slower than dial-up?

sa totoo lang, sa settings kong 120kbps (15kBps) nababagalan pa ko eh.. ehehe!

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 02:14 #76086

• kaotzki
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
256kbps sakin para may allowance. hindi naman lagi nagagamit ng user ang binibigay kung bandwidth.

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 02:41 #76087

• barrako
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
sa akin 200 kbps limit ko per pc. So far la pa naman nagrereklamo, sabaysabay pa bukas ng streaming video

Re:Bandwidth Requirement of a Lanshop 19 Feb 2008 03:35 #76096

• xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Sigurado kong alam ng mga kakosang nag-post na sa topic na ito na ang kanilang mga figures na 100, 102.4, 120, 200 at 256kbps per PC are enough or should I say, more than enough, to satisfy their customers' need (or should I say, greed) for bandwidth.

Be that as it may, please allow me to say that the higher the bandwidth we allocate to each workstation, the more expensive it is with regards to our ISP expenses. So, not so long ago, I ask the same question we are tackling to a highly-positioned technical man of Globe Broadband, and his advice is use 64kbps per PC as a rule of thumb when you are to make a decision on what bandwidth are you going to subscribed to.

You may not agree with 64kbps but I must say it is a reasonable figure to start with. Any violent reactions? Please do react some more.

Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds