TOPIC: PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in QC

PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in QC 11 Jun 2008 11:57 #89815

• Topic Author
  • flores_resty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
i will be starting my internet cafe here in our location. Actually it I will jst be transforming the first floor of my house into the netcafe that I want. I am giving myself like a month... I have been contacting PLDT (or PLDC ^_^) since sila ang landline namin, kaso wla pa available line. Globe, wla rin. So i will go for Bayantel. Reading the discussions here made me think Bayan is a better option. Bayanetel is available in my area. I have also confirmed with small computer shops here (4 to 5 computers sila) at Bayntel connected sila. I have just been into HARDWARE ng computers at andami ko pang dapat alamin. That's why I am really looking forward for your inputs.

I plan to start at 5 computers muna na for usual net surfing but suitable up to gaming-PC level (gaming could be from LAN games like CS and DOTA or up to ONLINE like RAGNA, etc). That is since, from what I learned and observed, a huge part of the customers would be gamers. I will opt to buy brandnew for my CPU. If situation demands, I would compromise for second hand LCD's, hanap na lang ng good deal.

Enough for the backgrounder. What I am needing is a suggestion for PC specs? Please also add pointers, like maybe a brand to support or avoid, anusuitable range ng memory, anu suitable range ng HDD size, at kung anu anu pa.

I'd really appreciate your would-be replies.<br><br>Post edited by: flores_resty, at: 2008/06/11 14:58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 11 Jun 2008 16:45 #89824

• gener62166
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
sir

don't go for 5 go for 10 units. in our experience 10 units is the break even point in any internet cafe operations. with 5 you will not be able to recover the cost of your operations with some return in the end.

kasi po panigurado you are working ang you would need to hire people bilang tagabantay. bayad sa kuryente sa dsl at yng pang everyday expenses.

5 will not be enough to cover all those expenses. since you are starting out then i suggest you do it right this time around para po hindi kayo mahirapan when you are operating na.

dami po threads dyan about computer specs please use the search forum box on the right hand side.

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 11 Jun 2008 17:13 #89825

• TopspinCafe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
flores_resty wrote:

i will be starting my internet cafe here in our location. Actually it I will jst be transforming the first floor of my house into the netcafe that I want. I am giving myself like a month... I have been contacting PLDT (or PLDC ^_^) since sila ang landline namin, kaso wla pa available line. Globe, wla rin. So i will go for Bayantel. Reading the discussions here made me think Bayan is a better option. Bayanetel is available in my area. I have also confirmed with small computer shops here (4 to 5 computers sila) at Bayntel connected sila. I have just been into HARDWARE ng computers at andami ko pang dapat alamin. That's why I am really looking forward for your inputs.

I plan to start at 5 computers muna na for usual net surfing but suitable up to gaming-PC level (gaming could be from LAN games like CS and DOTA or up to ONLINE like RAGNA, etc). That is since, from what I learned and observed, a huge part of the customers would be gamers. I will opt to buy brandnew for my CPU. If situation demands, I would compromise for second hand LCD's, hanap na lang ng good deal.

Enough for the backgrounder. What I am needing is a suggestion for PC specs? Please also add pointers, like maybe a brand to support or avoid, anusuitable range ng memory, anu suitable range ng HDD size, at kung anu anu pa.

I'd really appreciate your would-be replies.<br><br>Post edited by: flores_resty, at: 2008/06/11 14:58

welcome to ULOP sir with regards to your inquiries you can visit this thread sir
www.ulop.net/component/option,com_kunena...imit,6/limitstart,6/

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 11 Jun 2008 19:11 #89829

• Cybertronix
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
TopspinCafe wrote:

welcome to ULOP sir with regards to your inquiries you can visit this thread sir
www.ulop.net/component/option,com_kunena...imit,6/limitstart,6/

malufet ka brader. quick response.
i appreciate your link response to some of the posts here.

keep up the gud work.
di lang pang shoutbox pang forum threads pa. bwa hahaha

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 11 Jun 2008 20:38 #89836

• reiearth2007
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
i think its 8 pc to break even..ganun kc kadami pc ko...basta puno yan lagi..

amd athlon x2 processor
160 gb hdd is the minimum..1gb minimum memory..
motherboard with amd780g chipset is enough...

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 11 Jun 2008 23:16 #89854

• Bien
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
what is the prevailing price per hour sa lugar nyo? kasi kung lalaban ka sa 15 petot, medyo masakit sa ulo yan. bills can pile up quicker than you can say, \"Dyos ko po! Bills na naman?!\" sarili mo ba pwesto or mag rent ka pa?

pag-isipang mabuti bago tumalon. pag-aralan. ang hirap makabawi sa business na to para lang magkaroon ng chance umalis. daig pa nito ang Muntinlupa.

have a game plan ready para every centavo counts. madaming gastos ang iba na hindi naman dapat kung napag-aralan lang ng mabuti. isipin kung anong market ang huhulihin mo. kung makiki-agaw ka lang sa competition, bumili ka na lang ng martilyo para ipukpok sa ulo.

kung gaming, which games do you want to develop a market for? kung malakas RF sa mga katabi mo, find another game to concentrate on.

developing a market different from the competition will give you better longetivity in the business. kung baga eh, kung shwarma tinda nila, magbenta ka ng pandesal. be different from the rest. anong market ang wala sa kanila?

do your research, aim for a specific market, then plan your specs. ^^

these threads are peppered with suggestions on pc specifications. no need for a new thread on it.<br><br>Post edited by: Bien, at: 2008/06/12 02:21

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 12 Jun 2008 00:52 #89863

• plipster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
reiearth2007 wrote:

i think its 8 pc to break even..ganun kc kadami pc ko...basta puno yan lagi..

amd athlon x2 processor
160 gb hdd is the minimum..1gb minimum memory..
motherboard with amd780g chipset is enough...

i agree,i started with 8..had 12 units and an additional 1 monochrome laser printer,2 wallfans and an upgraded exhaust fan after 2 months..

nung nag-12 units kami dun lang kami kumuha ng bantay..

in my opinion,the only advantage the 780g boards have over the 690g boards are the aftersales support..medyo mahirap na kasi maghanap ng mga 690g boards nowadays..i even had to buy the one on display last february because there was just no other stocks left..i spent almost 2 weeks trying to look for my board..i even had to reserve those boards just to be able to get it..

pero based sa mga feedbacks na nababasa ko,halos walang significant edge ang 780g boards sa 690g..they (780g) also have some issues pa..para sa kin,it failed to live up to the hype..hopefully though,they can fix those issues..<br><br>Post edited by: plipster, at: 2008/06/12 03:53

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in QC 14 Jun 2008 00:41 #90069

• Topic Author
  • flores_resty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
My bad for not including ample details. With regards to the per-hour rate, I wud still go with 15 per hour. But I'm still studying if the P20 flat rate for 1 hour and 15 min, would click. Below Average kasi yung karamihan in terms of Economic Status. With regards to the existence of other PC shop, there are some but they are either far from my location or that they are offering not YET good services. That is in terms of convenience, comfort, etc.

When it comes to games, I would go for Offline games like NBA live, LAN games like CS, DOTA. These are very popular still as I have observed. For online games, GG, CABAL, RO, etc are the most popular.

AT THE VERY LEAST SPECS...
Processor: atleast 2.0 Ghz Core Duo Technology
HDD: 80 GB HDD SATA
RAM: 512MB
VRAM: 128MB / 128BIT

what do you think?

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in Q 15 Jun 2008 03:41 #90219

• kalbo_012003
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
kung new business ka sir , huwag muna umaasa ng ilang months sa bago u business ksi mahirap talaga kung dun ka lang mag base sa lahat ng expenses mo sa income mo for how many months in short personal expenses muna ika nga. dpat kasi may pagtustus ka muna kung ano ang kulang. later on mababawi u rin yan.

Re:PC SPECS for a starting internet gaming cafe in QC 16 Jun 2008 02:37 #90306

• Topic Author
  • flores_resty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the messages people.

I would just like to take note that since this is the Harware and Devices thread, I asked regarding PC specs, and was rather expecting of replies regarding Hardware.

Til next time! ^_^

• Page:
Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds