Poll: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry

Allow I-Café Pilipinas to continue the work.
23 41.1%
Create a new organization to handle the advocacy.
13 23.2%
Forget advocacy work, let matters take its course
20 35.7%
Total number of voters: 56 ( grandphycoman, tedz03ph, josedenniolim, enyo009, marco0805 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 06:10 #471946

• rsalvador
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
sa tingin ko lang ha. the middle class splits into two as well. those that are affected with the illegal operators (ika nga palugi) which in turn wants support from an organization. and the other one are those operators that has the capability/resources/well established plans to stand on their own.

The trivial question is this....which of the two group could climb up to the higher portion of the pyramid?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 06:25 #471952

• Cybertronix
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

rsalvador wrote: sa tingin ko lang ha. the middle class splits into two as well. those that are affected with the illegal operators (ika nga palugi) which in turn wants support from an organization.

but as you would have noticed, this is not the thrust nor the agenda of the advocacy. it will not attempt to regulate the industry. So if ICP will not include this on their immediate agenda, whats in it for the time & effort of the middleclass operators ?

now. ICA is more apt for this approach. some ICA members, if lucky are prominent/have clout so some can enforce 'barriers' on their locale to protect the deserving legal netcafe operators. but not all.

again, honestly and frankly speaking, knowing that majority of forumers here are hard on finances, are you willing to waste time & resources to do things which will not directly affect your livelihood ? hindi biro ang magpatakbo ng advocacy group ... lahat dapat pro bono yan, sagot mo kain mo, pamasahe, panlibre sa lobbying campaigns mo. if you attempt to align with any of the vendors for funds, unfair competition bias na yan sa 'kanilang' industry. it will be obvious that the vendor will help you in exchange of favors.

are you the ONE ?
if you can honestly say YES then go, maybe the ICP can have another chance.

Last edit: Post by Cybertronix.

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 07:54 #471955

• johnpokz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Allow I-Café Pilipinas to continue the work.

Mas maganda ng continue nalang to, kesa gumawa ng panibago...

Kung wala naman bagong leader na willing gumawa,

pwede na pansamantagal ang icafe pilipinas.^__^

Last edit: Post by johnpokz.

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 08:24 #471956

• MoonWarrior
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Let them continue... peace

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 17:21 #472043

• xicowner's Avatar Topic Author
  • xicowner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
769 views (including repeat ones) and almost 24 hours after I started this poll, 20 concerned ULOP members have cast their votes.

I am requesting others to also vote. Have them counted even if you don't want your voice to be heard. Thank you.

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 18:00 #472073

• vickers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
boss anu po ba yung goals ng I-Café Pilipinas?

may kabutihan po ba itong dulot sa icafe dto sa bansa?

does it really represent icafes nation wide or mga pansariling goals lang ng mga convenors?

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 18:48 #472100

• Cybertronix
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Fox wrote: If that would be the case, ICP do not represent a considerable magnitude of the lanshop owners. Whatever representations they would make do not really reflect the sentiments of the industry players. And with the not so good stigma already attached to ICP, industry players would be most likely hesitant to join. Moreover, an advocacy group may make moves from a theoretical standpoint, which in the long-run will not really solve issues with the industry.

i agree on most points.

Fox wrote: It would be better if a new organization would be created to represent this sector. An multi-faceted organization that would promote the best interest of the industry players, and one that would create balance between profit and social responsibility.

this i disagree on most points.

theoretically this initiative will be easy but finding a group of guys who has

(1) clout among the various active ICAs nationwide
(2) has clout on LGUs and govt agencies concerned with the netcafe industry
(3) is on speaking terms in corporate context with gaming industries and hardware/software vendors
(4) can support his advocacy n his own expense (sariling bulsa).
is next to impossible.

first on the agenda should be the various ICA nationwide recognize the 'new org' as their 'representative' and adhere to its policies.

next if the 'new org' got at least 60% of all active ICAs nationwide, then it must be recognized by respective LGUs and gov't body to have the proper voice and audience.

and last, representing now the majority of ICAs (which represent the majority of legal netcafe owners), then you can have a productive discussion with commercial vendors and government, standing on EQUAL grounds.

without the capacity to do the first, the plan will be in vain.

the 4th item is a test of principle which unfortunately, obviously, many have failed before.

representing the TRUE MAJORITY voice, vendors will now queue and offer tempting bribes to sway the 'new orgs' bias to their favor.

ang tunay na lalake ang utak nasa puso wala sa bulsa. :)

Last edit: Post by Cybertronix.

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 18:52 #472101

• lanshop2010
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

vickers wrote: boss anu po ba yung goals ng I-Café Pilipinas?

may kabutihan po ba itong dulot sa icafe dto sa bansa?

does it really represent icafes nation wide or mga pansariling goals lang ng mga convenors?

Are all these I-Café Pilipinas convenors successful internet cafe operators? I think I remember reading that most of its prominent members were hard-pressed in their own businesses. If most or many of those leading this organization can't even earn a decent living in their own internet cafe businesses, that will open many temptations down the line as different interests from other groups come along. Do you all believe that they'll do this advocacy thing, which is indeed hard work, for free? And they just do it for the love of the industry? I think few people are that idealistic. I suspect they see or hope for some financial return for all those work.

As someone once said, You can't give what you don't have. How can you help others when you can't even help yourselves?

Last edit: Post by lanshop2010.

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 18:56 #472103

• MatanongPoAko
  • Banned
  • Banned
wag na ituloy kalokohan lang yan

Re: Advocacy Work For I-Cafe Industry 10 Nov 2011 19:02 #472105

• ulyces
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
ituloy yan para magkaroon ng protection ang bawat lanshop owner sa pilipinas

Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds