TOPIC: Proper use of quotes

Proper use of quotes 13 Apr 2010 20:26 #222342

• homebiz.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • homebiz.com
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Staff Emeritus
Pansin ko kasi ito since I joined this forum. Especially kapag nagback read ka ng mga posts, ang daming quoted posts kapag nagrereply ang isang member. Minsan sandamakmak na mga quotes ang kailangan mong bunuin to get to the bottom...tapos di naman related sa usapan ang isasagot.

Pwede naman iwasan yan by the proper use of quotes when making a reply:

1. Pwede naman wag na i-quote ang isang post kung ikaw ang next na magrereply.

2. I quote lang yung pinakaimportante sa isang post na iyong sasagutin.

Quotes are used when you are raising an issue, or highlighting a previous portion of an earlier post. And proper use of quotes would include only the PORTIONS of the post you wish to highlight. DO NOT QUOTE THE WHOLE POST, as this becomes redundant info.

Anyway this is just a suggestion lang naman kung ok sa lahat. Napakahirap kasing magback read ng mga relavant posts na punung puno ng un nessary quotes...
Bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Proper use of quotes 13 Apr 2010 22:22 #222372

• kukakk
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
nice one but...
well if someone want to see the whole tree, one has to include the roots and branches and just the trunk and body...
para s akin it helps a lot bec. u actually need not to back read for some post kasi included na yun root with that single post, its case2case basis din naman, at some point sobra rin naman at parang cyclic loop na, pero it is not against the rule i believe and siguro minamaximize lang natin yung feature, I enjoyed reading post and comments ng iba-ibang isip.
I have nothing against regarding the topic, just also want to comment on the matter. we can suggest but can't imposed unless it is within the rules and regulations.

Last edit: Post by kukakk.

Re:Proper use of quotes 14 Apr 2010 01:43 #222456

• homebiz.com
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Staff Emeritus
kukakk wrote:

nice one but...
well if someone want to see the whole tree, one has to include the roots and branches and just the trunk and body...
para s akin it helps a lot bec. u actually need not to back read for some post kasi included na yun root with that single post, its case2case basis din naman, at some point sobra rin naman at parang cyclic loop na, pero it is not against the rule i believe and siguro minamaximize lang natin yung feature, I enjoyed reading post and comments ng iba-ibang isip.
I have nothing against regarding the topic, just also want to comment on the matter. we can suggest but can't imposed unless it is within the rules and regulations.

Sample lang ito para makita ang point ng improper use of quote...actually di ko na kailangan pang i quote your's since I am replying to your post, pwede naman i-tick ang reply button na lang kesa ang quote button, di ba?

Ganito kasi ang nakikita ko since I joined this forum. And its really annoying seeing lots of quotes sa pagsagot...

but can't imposed

Definitely...sino ba naman ako to impose eh forum member din lang naman ako. Just a suggestion lang ito (perhaps added burden sa Moderators dito)

wbr
Bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one else.

Last edit: Post by homebiz.com.

Re:Proper use of quotes 14 Apr 2010 01:46 #222458

• sm0ke7
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
i admit na isa ko sa umaabuso sa paggamit ng quote button, minsan kasi tamad na mag-edit edit, pero cge sir, for the benefit ng ating mga kaulop, babawasan ko na ung pag-quote ng sobrang hahaba nang discussion. :)

Re:Proper use of quotes 14 Apr 2010 01:53 #222463

• JINXO
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
oo nga tama din naman siya, minsan kasi parang umuulit ulit na parabang sira yung scroll sa mouse mo. :D

Re:Proper use of quotes 14 Apr 2010 02:25 #222481

• HIDDENTRIBE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
homebiz.com wrote:

Pansin ko kasi ito since I joined this forum. Especially kapag nagback read ka ng mga posts, ang daming quoted posts kapag nagrereply ang isang member. Minsan sandamakmak na mga quotes ang kailangan mong bunuin to get to the bottom...tapos di naman related sa usapan ang isasagot.

Quotes are used when you are raising an issue, or highlighting a previous portion of an earlier post. And proper use of quotes would include only the PORTIONS of the post you wish to highlight. DO NOT QUOTE THE WHOLE POST, as this becomes redundant info.

Anyway this is just a suggestion lang naman kung ok sa lahat. Napakahirap kasing magback read ng mga relavant posts na punung puno ng un nessary quotes...

OK lang naman siguro yan sir suggestion mo.hehehehe

Re:Proper use of quotes 14 Apr 2010 02:45 #222491

• kukakk
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
one thing... just incase meron sabay2 n reply somehow you know kung para kanino yun reply, it happens kasi its not limited sa topic ang mga reply, so para hindi maligaw yun comment at para ma-misinterpret.
pero syempre mas maganda talaga kung proper ang pag-Qoute...

Proper use of quotes 05 Jul 2015 15:51 #1004444

• homebiz.com
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Staff Emeritus

1. Pwede naman wag na i-quote ang isang post kung ikaw ang next na magrereply. Use the "reply" or "quick reply" button instead.

3. Pwede naman gamitan ng "@" kung addressed to a particular posted ang iyong kasagutan.

Eto simple Rule on proper use of quote button

• you can quote a word or sentence by highlighting it and pushing the "Quote" button
• you can delete unnecessary sentences and words by simply deleting them between the quote brackets
• you should ad ... dots when you remove words from a sentence to indicate that you have shortened an original quotation
• if it is unclear whom you quote make sure you add the user name to indicate the author
• the user name for a quotation can be added in the code by adding ="username" to the opening code
• you should never add text to a quotation, only shorting is allowed

-you don't need to quote an entire pictorial just to say "thanks"?
- you don't need to quote the post immediately above yours?
- you don't need to quote the entirety of a four paragraph post if you're going to reply to one sentence of it?

This way we could improve the readability of the board by learning the right use of the BBCode and proper editing of quotable texts. It takes a bit of energy but it is worthwhile in my view.

Happy Sunday mga ka-ULOP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pilosopong Tasyo, SongHyeKyo, gmsnatcher, beyondlife

Last edit: Post by homebiz.com.

Proper use of quotes 05 Jul 2015 17:23 #1004483

• beyondlife
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Finally, somebody from among the mods addressed this. Totally agree with your observation, sir. Kakatamad din basahin kahit interested ka sa pinag uusapan when you have to scroll that long :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: homebiz.com

Proper use of quotes 05 Jul 2015 17:35 #1004490

• BondServant
  • Banned
  • Banned

homebiz.com wrote: Pansin ko kasi ito since I joined this forum. Especially kapag nagback read ka ng mga posts, ang daming quoted posts kapag nagrereply ang isang member. Minsan sandamakmak na mga quotes ang kailangan mong bunuin to get to the bottom...tapos di naman related sa usapan ang isasagot.

Happy Sunday mga ka-ULOP.

sayang walang tuts para sa mga newbie kung paano mag edit ng quote :)

Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds