TOPIC: Soon to be Lan shop owner

Re:Soon to be Lan shop owner 25 Oct 2006 03:08 #23684

• zybertronix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Jemandee wrote:

dennisdko :

Bro, need your help with this one. I've already rented a place, about 85% of the renovation is already done and i haven't purchased or rather decided on which specs to go for.

To give you a brief intro on my target market:

a.)2 public schools and 1 private school in a walking distance.

b.)I was a hardcore gamer before so i got myself a dsl connection and put up 5 Pc's just so me and some friends can play till i realize the potential of the biz. No competition since i was the only one who opened 2 years ago with 5 units lang and it's still there with 6.

C.)with 6 pc's running..At Sempron 2400,256mb DDR, 256mb VC. Opening at 10am to 12mn, sales per day reaches up to 1.2k average daily.

D.)I never did printing,encoding..etc. Just pure gaming. Kahit ang dami ng naginquire if i have the services...can't be bothered really, i mean dati kasi I never look at my cafe as a business, more like my gaming room. hehe. The reason why i havent upgraded to more units is i havent found a good location near the area. 2nd, near the beach yung location ko so medyo mabilis masira mga hardware. and 3rd, i got so bz with my main business and my wedding which was last month lang kaya la time. hehehe.

E.)I'm in cebu. Mactan area.

Now, my predicament!!!
After my wedding, tamang tama I found a place nearby...same area radius pero medyo malayo na sa sea. I wanna utilize every space in it since syempre for me..SPACE = MONEY. hehe. Here are my questions which i hope you can help me with.(given the present conditions above)

1.)Do I need a better specs than what i have now? any suggestions? I have sempron 2400 now. should i go for Sempron 2800 or Athlon 3000 nalng? Are REDFOX boards alright? Do sockets matter that much? should i go for AM2 nalng or 939 is alright pa? is 24K per unit too much for my market? if it could be 18-20k mas ok sana. whatcha think?

2.)Since I'm planning to add 35 more pc's, should i go for LCD monitors?ive heard and read some infos regarding cost vs power consumption? if i based it on client needs, class C naman cater ko kaya no need. but how bout electric bill expense?

3.)500 watts for PSU a must? REDFOX board alright?

4.)I wanna do encoding and editing etc. Like you've mention in the earlier pages, rice pudding or something like that. hehe. What kind of printer do i need? i have a 3 in 1 epson at home though, but my gut tells me it's not wise. any suggestion on ink saver printers made specifically for cafes?

5.)What do you think of those coin slot based timer? In SM cebu, BIBO..may timer every unit. 1 box lang for all units. You just need to push the button to pick which PC number you wanna use and once you decide, just drop P5 to activat your time. You can put in as many coins as you want..or just P5 and add nalng should you wanna extend as the timer itself beeps naman pag lapit na ubos oras mo which is ofcourse visible. very nice Idea to secure your sales and to get rid of unwanted kalokohan should you encounter a cheating tagabantay. And ofcourse, eliminates the idea of friends asking for favors kasi nga, pati ikaw mismo pay to play. hehehe.

6.)Lastly, what kind of Split type aircondition should i buy? Is second hand alright? like surplus and all? dami kasi dito eh.

Thanks for everything guys, wow..ang haba pala ng post ko. Sorry..but yeah, i'm really desperate. Lapit na kasi target opening date ko. Less than 2 weeks na. Hope you guys could help me and share some insights on this. Cheers!

sir jemandee welcome po sa ulop... your first or original post w/c is Deadline for opening almost up! ,same as this one is already been active . pls checkit out and continue it there... thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds